[ome-users] Cannot see images (big damage done!)

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Fri Nov 23 12:46:44 GMT 2007

Seems the problem is related to same strange mapping of the host name.
For example, if I try to do a save TIFF in the image viewer I receive a "hostname not
found" message. OME is trying to access www.horus17.com when my host is horus.cscs.ch!
If I do a hostname on the machine I receive horus17 the machine internal name.

OK, no problem, I forgot to set the server name during installation.

With the "friendly" help of our sysadmin, I changed every instance of horus17 to
horus.cscs.ch with ome admin configure

Now the web server does not restarts (cannot access database at horus.cscs.ch)
and cannot execute ome admin configure to reset the changed values.

What can I do to have back my OME server and to have a working image viewer?

Help!
		mario

--
Ing. Mario Valle