[ome-users] Installing OME 2.6.0 on an Xserve

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Mon Aug 27 21:13:34 BST 2007

There was a similar problem reported recently.  The upshot was the
the server UI claimed that web sharing was on, but it wasn't.  The
OME installer tries to actually connect to the server and have it
serve a page, and yells at you to turn on web sharing if it fails to
do so.  We went around for a while about this last it was reported,
until eventually we could demonstrate that the server was not
actually able to serve web pages as configured (I think it was a
firewall issue, or some other thing).

Anyway - try to see if your server can actually serve web pages.  If
it can, then the OME OS X installer is smart enough to not ask you to
turn on Web Sharing.
-Ilya