[ome-users] Fwd: more Matlab Handler execution questions

Tom Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 23 13:57:10 BST 2006

Hi Melissa,

> Another questions: I'm doing the same execution, and getting the
> following
> error relating to my STs - which indicates some lack of
> understanding on
> my part:
Yes, you've managed to dive head-first into OME's ad-hock inheritance
model of "Parental Types". The website gives a very brief overview on
the bottom of this page: http://www.openmicroscopy.org.uk/api/xml/STs/
newSTs.html

> Could not find a parent for ST BinarizedImageNew when trying to
> construct
> Pixels Parental outputs. at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/OME/Analysis/Handlers/MatlabHandler.pm
> line
> 701.

The ST BinarziedImageNew seems to have a "Pixels Flavour" to it.
Certainly in the ExecutionInstructions
you are doing <Output><PixelsArray ?????></Output>.

The ST BinarizedImageNew needs to have an SE named "Parent" of
Datatype = "reference" that RefersTo="Pixels".
Then it will work.

I'm (We're) so happy you are actually trying the Matlab Handler!! I'm
very keen to help you.

Sorry for all the trouble you're encountering all the way, but know
you are truly going where no man (except OME developers) has gone
before.

Tom