[ome-users] more execution questions

Tom Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 22 23:19:52 BST 2006

Hi Melissa,

Question 2 is easiest to answer: don't use the web-ui, just the
command line for executing chains. The web-ui adds an additional
layer of complication (Apache) while providing nothing (in terms of
additional features) in return. We rarely use the web-ui so it's not
thoroughly tested. You've probably encountered a bug -- I'll see if
we can fix it.

Question 1:
I think you've made a mistake in your XML module definition:
Where you see:  <ExecutionInstructions ExecutionGranularity="????"

what is ???? in your module XML definition. I think it's F. You
probably meant I.

The granularity of the modules and the semantic types of the module's
Formal Inputs/Outputs must match.

Thanks for your comments about the Matlab Handler documentation.
Unfortunately I can't say when I'll be able to update them.

Thanks for your perseverance.

Tom