[ome-users] problems with backup

Javi jatb86 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 22:51:04 BST 2006

thanks for the quick answer :)
As I said I'm new at using OME, I've installed it once on SUSE 10.0 (OME
2.4.0). Once in xubuntu dapper (from CVS two weeks ago). And this third time
in ubuntu dapper, this has been by far the smoothest install, so congrats to
you all.
Now to another question, I found the tar.gz thanks to a post from Ilya
Goldberg in the mailing list. However I would like to now where to find
other versions of it, I donwloaded correctly from CVS but would like to now
how to download v2.4.1 (for example). I'm not much used to CVS so my guess
right now is that's part of the problem.
Thanks again,
Javier

On 8/10/06, Tom Macura <tm289 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Javi,
>
> Your email couldn't have better timing. We're working on 2.6.0 RC2,
> so fixing bugs is the name of the game.
>
> We don't have Ubuntu installed around here (we use Fedora Core 4).
> But Curtis has Ubuntu and he has replicated your problem and
> discovered this bug is due to the two --directory flags passed to
> tar. I'll re-write ome data backup to use a single --directory flag.
> That will go into RC2.
>
> Tom
>
> On Aug 10, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Javi wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Im fairly new to OME, I installed it on Ubuntu 6.06, now my problem is
> > that when I try to backup the system it just won't finnish the
> > process. I
> > end up having a tar archive but it seems that a couple steps are
> > missing
> > from the backup procedure.
> > By the way, I installed the OME 2.6.0 RC1.
> >
> > This is what I got:
> >

> > root at kaa:/home/javi# ome data backup
> > Backup to archive [/home/javi/ome_backup_2006-08-10]:
> > Warning: You have elected to backup OMEIS. Use the -q flag if this
> > was not
> > your intention.
> > Be advised that this operation, depending on the size of your OMEIS
> > repository (its size and location
> > are printed below), is likely to take a long time.
> > 348K    /OME/OMEIS
> > Continue? [y/n]: y
> > ------------
> >  OME Backup
> > ------------
> >
> >     \_ Backing up postgress database ome
> > su postgres -c '/usr/bin/pg_dump -Fc -o ome > /tmp/omeDB_backup'
> >     \_ Backing up OMEIS from /OME/OMEIS
> > /bin/tar  -cf '/home/javi/ome_backup_2006- 08-10.tar' --directory /tmp
> > OMEmaint omeDB_backup --directory /OME/OMEIS Files Pixels
> >
> > Couldn't create tar archive: /bin/tar: --directory: Cannot stat: No
> > such
> > file or directory
> > Died at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/OME/Util/Data/dbAdmin.pm line 226,
> > <STDIN> line 2.
> > root at kaa:/home/javi#
> >

> > Thanks for the help,
> > Javier Tibau

Linux. Because computers, like airconditioners, work fine, until you open
windows