[ome-users] Fedora Core 4 Mod_Perl installation

Girish Polisetty girish_poli at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 14:26:22 BST 2005

Hi,

I updated the mod_perl using yum in Fedora Core 4. I checked from the browser localy it's working
at this link http://localhost/perl-status

But the script file is not able to pickup. Is there anything i need to do to detect the mod_perl.

Testing Apache configuration
  \__ mod_perl [FAILURE].

Errors executing task: Apache/mod_perl is not properly configured.  Got an error response from http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl:
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 80</address>

Thanks,
~giri

Ilya Goldberg <igg at nih.gov> wrote:
I have recently installed on Fedora Core 4, but this required some
changes in the code. The stable release (2.4.0) won't install on FC
4, it will only work on FC 1, 2 and 3. To install on FC 4, you will
have to check OME out of CVS:
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/

Or, the short version:
$ cvs -d ':pserver:anoncvs at cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk:/ome' login