[ome-users] Creating Other elements: the objectives

Claude Bonnard cbonnard at isrec-sg1.unil.ch
Thu Aug 4 12:07:20 BST 2005

Hello, OME Fans!

I am trying to go through the definition of the objectives we have in our
facility. This looks like a ...repetitive work, and suggest me some
comments/questions:

1) I would like to ask if someone found a way which would be somehow shorter
than introduction from the web interface, in which you have to repeat again and
again the manufacturer, model, etc.

2) The other point is that most of the time an objective is associated with an
instrument, but unless you have the sky as limit to your budgets, you want to
use some objective on several microscopes!! (The choice of an instrument from
the "create an objective" page,  crashes the request, sending back an eror -but
this is not the point). Would it be possible to have another type of
"dependency", in which the objective can be unique but not associated "forever"
to an instrument?

3) One last point which surprises me is the lack of indication on the mounting
medium (related to a refractive index, or directly the index): this information
is critical in all the computation of resolution, for all image treatment via
deconvolution, and IS an optical parameter as the numerical apperture or the
magnification.

Comments? Other suggestions?

Regards,

Claude

--
Claude Bonnard Ph.D.
ISREC (Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research)
email: claude.bonnard at isrec.unil.ch
phone: [41-21]-692-5891
  fax: [41-21]-652-6933