[ome-users] shoola how to debug?

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Thu Apr 28 15:04:35 BST 2005

On Apr 28, 2005, at 4:59 AM, Alastair Kerr wrote:

> thanks Ilya,
> weird, the update did not complain about anything and even asked to
> update the latest SOAP module.
>
> 1. If I use the tarball and run update I assume that nothing in the
> original install directory will be required (only /OME)

Its important to diagnose what went wrong before trying to fix things,
as depending on what happened, doing this could compound the problem.

> 2. anyway to find the version of what I have installed?  It would be
> nice to have this on the splash page of the web site

Try this:
psql ome
ome=# select value from configuration where name = 'db_version';

Current versions should output:
  value
-------
  2.15
(1 row)
Also, try this (though this is less informative because it doesn't tell
us what Apache is using):
perl -MOME -e 'print "$OME::VERSION\n"'

The version number is in the splash page of the web-site in current
versions.  That was the first indication that your update didn't
"take".
You may have updated the DB but the server is still using an old
version of the software (i.e. you have software installed in two
different places).
The files in the /var/tmp/OME/Install/ directory would provide a much
more detailed description of what happened during the update process,
and make things much easier to diagnose.  Can you email me these files
separately (i.e. off-list)?

-Ilya