[ome-users] shoola how to debug?

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Wed Apr 27 19:11:50 BST 2005

Hi Alastair
It appears that you are not running a "current" system on
129.215.237.167.
Its not a stable version that comes in the tar-ball at
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/snapshots/stable.tar.gz
Stable versions use the "corporatized" OME logo as seen on
http://openmicroscopy.org/ (affectionately known as the alka-selzer
logo)
Development versions continue to use the "Eye" logo to indicate that
you're on the bleeding edge.

Also, it doesn't appear to be a current development version either.
Both by the older version of the "Eye" logo on login and the fact that
the version number is not reported on the home page immediately
following "Open Microscopy Environment" page title.  As to what exact
version you're actually running, I don't have a way of finding out
without more information.  Are you sure that the installation/update
worked without errors?  Can you send back the contents of the
/var/tmp/OME/install/ directory?

This would explain why shoola isn't working - its recognizing an older,
incompatible version of the server.

Things are definitely not as they should be...
-Ilya