[ome-devel] CellProfiler LoadData module

Chris Allan callan at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Apr 20 15:14:29 BST 2018

Hello, Laurent:

Comments inline.

On 4/19/2018 12:56, Laurent Guerard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It is possible to connect between CellProfiler and OMERO using the
> LoadData module and a CSV generated from OMERO.

That's correct.  However, CellProfiler 3.0.0, released back in October
2017, currently has broken OMERO support.  It also targets OMERO 5.3.x.
If you want to use CellProfiler with OMERO you will have to be quite
specific about which versions you would like to work with and may have
to build CellProfiler, and some of its dependencies, from source as a
result.

> However, it seems that after a while the connection between OMERO and
> CellProfiler is closed and it doesn't prompt again for it. Is there a
> command using Python that I could use to improve that module and check
> if the connection is still open ?

Not that I am aware of.  The way CellProfiler interacts with OMERO is
actually via Bio-Formats and the OmeroReader so the number of potential
locations to investigate such a problem is actually quite high.

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Best,
> Laurent Guerard