[ome-devel] Beginners help - ome tiff with C++

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Oct 10 09:28:14 BST 2017

On 09/10/2017 23:13, Ashoka Bantumilli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking forward to develop a "C++" application on "Windows" that
> would create OME-TIFF image files. Please let me know if there is any
> library (.dll) available now for OME-TIFF (dll) to integrate with my C++
> application to generate OME-TIFF image files.

Dear Ashoka,

You can find builds for VS2013 and VS2015 here:
http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/ome-files-cpp/0.4.0/24/#docs

And the associated documentation and examples here:
http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/ome-files-cpp/0.4.0/24/docs/ome-files-bundle-docs-0.4.0-b24/

Please note that these builds still provide static .LIB files, not DLLs.
  There are fundamental limitations regarding the use of the C++
standard library and templates with DLL interfaces which are not
possible to reconcile without a significant refactoring of the codebase,
and so it is not possible to build DLLs at this time.  This limitation
is only applicable to the Windows platform; dynamic libraries are built
for all other platforms.

Kind regards,
Roger