[ome-devel] In house written .ims file question

Anthony, Neil nantho2 at emory.edu
Mon May 15 19:39:58 BST 2017

Hi Melissa, I hope the weekend was fun.

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that I'm still not able to open my custom written .ims file.  I'm running Bio-Formats 5.4.0 and I see an error with "Invalid C size: 0" (see below), but when I inspect with HDFView I see that my Noc attribute is 1...  The location is /DataSetInfo/Image/Noc

In looking through the subtleties between different versions of Imaris files I see that not all attributes are needed for Imaris to open the files, and I wonder if we have a situation where the information is being pulled from a different attribute.

Do you have a .ims file you can share that I can compare to, and hopefully add the missing attributes?

Thanks
Neil

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid C size: 0
    at loci.formats.FormatTools.getZCTCoords(FormatTools.java:620)
    at loci.formats.FormatTools.getZCTCoords(FormatTools.java:560)
    at loci.formats.FormatReader.getZCTCoords(FormatReader.java:1097)
    at loci.formats.in.ImarisHDFReader.getImageData(ImarisHDFReader.java:434)
    at loci.formats.in.ImarisHDFReader.initFile(ImarisHDFReader.java:311)
    at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1397)
    at loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.initializeFile(ImportProcess.java:498)
    at loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.execute(ImportProcess.java:141)
    at loci.plugins.in.Importer.showDialogs(Importer.java:140)
    at loci.plugins.in.Importer.run(Importer.java:76)
    at loci.plugins.LociImporter.run(LociImporter.java:78)
    at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:217)
    at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:181)
    at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:137)
    at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:66)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)