[ome-devel] Status of features and fixes

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 15:00:25 GMT 2017

Hi Andrii,

Answering the Bio-Formats specifics:
- for MRC and Spider, as you rightfully said, these changes are already distributed in Bio-Formats 5.2.0 and later. This release also included breaking model changes and is not distributed in the current OMERO 5.2 line but these improvements will be available in OMERO 5.3.0
- for the DM4 format, one of the major issues is that we have no specification for this format. In order to support new modalities, we need to collect more data samples and assess the amount of work required to update Bio-Formats. If you or anyone else in the community with expertise in this modality want to be involved in the development, please let us know.

Best,
Sebastien