[ome-devel] SAVE THE DATE: OME Users Meeting, May 31 - June 1, 2017 in Dundee

Jason Swedlow (Staff) j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 15:51:04 GMT 2017

Hi All-

We have now confirmed all the dates and room reservations.  The 12th Annual OME Users Meeting will go ahead on May 31- June 1, 2017 at the University of Dundee, in lovely Dundee, Scotland.  The weather last year was great, and who knows, that might happen again this year.  ;)!

We are working on the programme and will aim to release this in the next couple of weeks.  We'll also post registration and accommodation  details in the next couple of weeks.

Currently, we aim to start on the morning of May 31 with community lightning talks (these have been great!) followed by an afternoon of longer presentations. On June 1, we'll have a day of workshops and discussions.  We'd love feedback on last year's UnMeeting (tell us what you thought!).  If you want to plan on a day of coding, maybe we can do that on June 2.  If you're interested, let us know.

For the themes, expect emphasis on
- large, scaled deploys
- various cloud-based installations of Bio-Formats and OMERO (e.g., AWS and OpenStack)
- an update on the IDR
- discussions about growing and expanding the Consortium

and several others.  If you have suggestions for programme content, please do get in touch.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Dundee!!!

Cheers,

Jason

Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression | Open Microscopy Environment | University of Dundee

Phone:  +44 (0) 1382 385819
email: j.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk<mailto:j.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk>

Web: http://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/people/jason-swedlow
Open Microscopy Environment: http://openmicroscopy.org<http://openmicroscopy.org/>