[ome-devel] Question regarding importing Bio-Formats libraries in NetBeans

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Aug 3 15:42:36 BST 2016

Hi Mirella,

Note also that Bio-Formats consists of Maven projects. In NetBeans, it
should be as simple as File > Open Project... and select the toplevel
Bio-Formats directory. Then you can open the Modules folder and
double-click desired modules. I tested this just now with the "Bio-Formats
command line tools" module (which has several example main methods) and was
able to successfully build and run Bio-Formats code from within NetBeans.

For your own project, I strongly suggest using a modern build system such
as Maven. Then you can simply add a dependency to e.g.
ome:formats-gpl:5.1.10. There is really no need to manually manage your
dependencies these days.

Regards,
Curtis

P.S. If you extend the org.scijava:pom-scijava parent POM, the version of
Bio-Formats and many other useful libraries is managed automatically for
you. For details, see: http://imagej.net/Architecture,
http://imagej.net/Maven

--
Curtis Rueden