[ome-devel] Proposed tweak to µManager data files in 2.0

Chris Weisiger cweisiger at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Apr 14 20:12:33 BST 2016

Hi Hadrien,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Hadrien Mary <hadrien.mary at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> Sorry for the very naive question Chris but why can't you just use the OME
> XML format as the core format for MM instead of creating another format ?
>
> I don't understand the disadvantages of doing that and if there is
> limitations with the current OME XML format why not trying to improve it
> with the OME folks ?

I'm not foreclosing on any options; quite simply we just *don't have* any
plans one way or another right now. If after we do our research we
determine that the OME TIFF format (possibly with some enhancements) is the
best option, then we'll use it. It certainly has numerous advantages in
terms of current user base, not to mention avoiding creating yet another
file format. :)

-Chris