[ome-devel] OME-Tiff writing using LOCI calls from MATLAB, and ModuloAlongT annotation

Andrew Patterson ajpatterson at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Oct 27 15:54:43 GMT 2014

Hello Gary,

I am coming to this discussion late and you may only be talking about dummy test data, but I was wonder why your Experiment Description would be that large?

This is normally used for a few lines of text that can be displayed to the user, perhaps in a tool-tip, to help then tell similarly named experiments apart.
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/Schemas/Documentation/Generated/OME-2013-06/ome_xsd.html#Experiment_Description

If you have a quantity of data you wish to store the better location might be an annotation on a Dataset, Project, Experimenter, or Image.
CommentAnnotation can store a long string.
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/Schemas/Documentation/Generated/OME-2013-06/SA_xsd.html#CommentAnnotation
Or XMLAnnotation more structured data.
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/Schemas/Documentation/Generated/OME-2013-06/SA_xsd.html#XMLAnnotation

Hope this helps,