[ome-devel] Email notification upon first login

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Oct 8 09:19:58 BST 2014

On Oct 8, 2014, at 9:03 AM, Niko Ehrenfeuchter wrote:

> Dear all,

Hi Niko,

> I was wondering if it is possible to automatically send out an email to the administrators when someone logs on to an OMERO instance for the first time ever.

I assume these are LDAP users who are being created on the fly? If so, there's a ticket for that feature
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/7745#comment:5 which we can look at getting into 5.1.0.

It's certainly possible to extend the LDAP plugin yourself if it's more pressing. If these users aren't
LDAP-based, how are they being created?

Cheers,
~Josh.