[ome-devel] OMERO 5 deletion performance

Yanling Liu vrnova at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 13:14:31 BST 2014

Thanks Roger.

I am using postgres 9.1. And I got same error message after increasing
kernel.shmmax to 128MB. And it happens when I tried to delete a set of 910
image files. This is frustrating because it took 910 * 5 seconds =
76minutes to finish deletion operation with error. Then I need to adjust
parameters and wait for another 76 minutes to see results.

In case you might wonder why I need to delete files. It is simply because
there's import error so I need to delete whatever imported into OMERO
before doing import again. Not to mention import performance in OMERO is
also low...

Anyway, I have over 12TB microscopy images accessed by couple hundred
users. OMERO 5 seemed to be a good choice to manage these but now I can not
be optimistic any more.

Thanks,
Yanling