[ome-devel] Make LOCI data browser default IJ / Fiji viewer ?

Hadrien Mary hadrien.mary at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 21:41:14 GMT 2013

Thansk for the answer Curtis !o

It's my fault because I didn't explain entirely the issue but I already
knew all these behaviours. My problem is when for example I duplicate or
make a z projection on an OME Tiff file under data browser, the new viewer
will be hyperstack (IJ/Fiji default viewer). However if I export the file
with LOCI exporter and then I re open it with LOCI importer I can still
have data browser and OME metadata are here as well.

Anyway I now understand all IJ1 core limitations and I guess this problem
is also due to IJ1 and so I will wait for IJ2. It really awesome if you can
backport some IJ2 features to Fiji 1 since IJ2 won't be released before at
least one year from what I saw...

PS: quick question to end: are you considering in a mid/long term to merge
Fiji/IJ2 ? Does it make really sense to separate both ? I think it would be
best for everyone (devs and users) to have only one place for download and
development so you would have a better visiblity and it will be much more
clear for potential contributors or bug reporters to know where they need
to go... I am sure you already think about all of that, so I am sorry if my
question is naive but I didn't find any informations on the web.

Best,

--
Hadrien Mary

Ph.D student in Biology