[ome-devel] Data storage feature in Bisque

Jason Swedlow j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 14:32:08 BST 2012

Hi Harri-

Thanks for the pointer.  Very interesting-- the BISQUE project is always
doing good stuff.

The first step in what you are asking for is our work on OMERO.fs, as
described at

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/milestone/OMERO-4.5

For those of you who have been around the project for a while, you'll know
we have discussed .fs for some time.  In fact, we've been working on this
for a while, as you can see from:

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/909

We actually have a few custom instances of this facility running, so it's
not all smoke n mirrors.  In any case, following this year's OME User's
Meeting, we put in place a number of changes in process so that we can
rapidly deliver this type of complex facility. We agree that at least in
some cases, the image storage filesystem needs to be wherever and whatever
is convenient.

We'd be most interested in any experience you have regarding performance
on these types of architectures.

Thanks again for the tip.

Cheers,

Jason

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street