[ome-devel] Data storage feature in Bisque

Harri Jäälinoja harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Thu Sep 6 10:09:04 BST 2012

Hi all,

here is some info about how the Bisque team is addressing the need to
connect to external data management systems:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bisque-bioimage/8vdz4hmKPOc

To me this sounds very good, a similar mechanism could be valuable also
in OMERO. At the moment, if we put our images in OMERO, we are still
working more or less only with the /OMERO directory, and don't really
know what we will do when that disk is getting full. By enabling
integration with iRODS, S3, HDFS etc., OMERO would let users use their
favourite/available tools to solve the storage/data management problem,
and OMERO could focus on the visual aspect of the data.

Best regards,
Harri

Harri Jäälinoja
Light Microscopy Unit
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki
http://www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/bi/lmu/
+358 9 191 59370 fax +358 9 191 59366