[ome-devel] Insight admin, change group, web login etc

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Jan 16 07:22:38 GMT 2011

Hi Dale,

I am putting this discussion on our e-mail list, so others can help /
benefit from it.

To summarise so far:
  - You have some issues with adding new 'admin' users with the
Insight Admin functions - probably a bug?
  - You can't log on to webclient / webadmin (using same user/password
as for Insight)

I can help with your question about moving data from one user to
another:
This is not possible at the moment, but we are working on it right
now. http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/320

The 'OMERO seems slow' issue you mentioned in your first e-mail is
tricky to analyse. Could be connection speed or disk access? Probably
not processing speed since what we were demoing was OMERO running on a
laptop.

  Thanks,

    Will.

On 15 Jan 2011, at 00:36, Dale Shumaker wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> I am using the same name and password for both Insight and the web.
>
> Attached is the OMEROweb.log file. The Debug file doesn't exist.
>
> I don't see any difference between the http://localhost:4080/
> webadmin/ and http://localhost:4080/webclient/
>
> The output of bin/omero admin diagnostics:
>
> C:\omero_dist>bin\omero admin diagnostics
>
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
>
> OMERO Diagnostics Beta4.2.2-r8718-Beta4.2-b56
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
>

> Commands:   java -version                  1.6.0     (C:\WINDOWS
> \system32\java.E
> XE)
> Commands:   python -V                      2.5.5     (C:
> \Python25\python.EXE)
> Commands:   icegridnode --version          3.3.1     (C:
> \Ice-3.3.1\bin\icegridno
> de.EXE)
> Commands:   icegridadmin --version         3.3.1     (C:
> \Ice-3.3.1\bin\icegridad
> min.EXE)
> Commands:   psql --version                 not found
>
> Server:     icegridnode                    running
> Server:     Blitz-0                        active (pid = 3652,
> enabled)
> Server:     DropBox                        inactive (disabled)
> Server:     FileServer                     active (pid = 3640,
> enabled)
> Server:     Indexer-0                      active (pid = 3668,
> enabled)
> Server:     MonitorServer                  active (pid = 3676,
> enabled)
> Server:     OMERO.Glacier2                 active (pid = 3696,
> enabled)
> Server:     OMERO.IceStorm                 active (pid = 3812,
> enabled)
> Server:     Processor-0                    active (pid = 3832,
> enabled)
> Server:     Repository-1                   error: node `repo'
> couldn't be reache
> d:
> the node is not active
> Server:     Tables-0                       inactive (disabled)
> Server:     TestDropBox                    inactive (enabled)
>
> Log dir:    C:\omero_dist\var\log          exists
>
> Log files:  Blitz-0.log                    262.0 MB
> [...]

William Moore
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street