[ome-devel] Zeiss 710

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Oct 12 20:57:02 BST 2010

Hi Melissa,

My guess is that a large portion of this metadata is occupied by
> TiffData elements.

Indeed.

> One idea would be to update Bio-Formats' OME-TIFF writer
> to be a bit smarter about how TiffData elements are written, which may
> substantially shrink the size of the metadata in each file without
> requiring a schema change.

In general I agree that making the OME-TIFF writer smarter is a good thing.

However, in the case of one plane per TIFF file, the specification requires
a separate TiffData element per plane, to indicate the UUID of each file. So
I don't think you'll be able to achieve much savings there...

-Curtis