[ome-devel] Building omero cpp libraries under winxp.

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Sep 8 18:26:53 BST 2009

Jerome Avondo writes:
 > Hi,

Hi Jerome.

 > I am trying to get the omero-cpp developer libraries to build under a WindowsXP (32bit) machine.
 > So I have been following these instructions: http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroCpp

In theory, those instructions should work, but I'm fairly sure there
are bugs with the scons build on Windows that need to be worked on for
the various Windows compilers. Would you be willing to lend yours? If
so, we'll add your version to the OmeroCpp page.

 > I have successfully built the:
 >
 > ./build.py
 >
 > however when I try,
 >
 > ./build.py build-cpp
 >
 > It fails and complains it cannot find the Ice/Ice.h, so I guess there is an issue with my ICE_HOME paths...
 > But I do have the ICE_HOME set as a system variable, with the following entries:
 >
 > ICE_HOME=C:\Ice-3.3.1;C:\Ice-3.3.1\include;C:\Ice-3.3.1\lib;C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin

ICE_HOME should definitely be set, but only to the top-level install
directory:

  ICE_HOME=C:\Ice-3.3.1

 > And the build script does seem to acknowledge this...
 > So I'm a bit stuck with what else to try, I have attached the full build log to this email.

...snip...
 > build:
 > Building with ICE_HOME=C:\Ice-3.3.1;C:\Ice-3.3.1\include;C:\Ice-3.3.1\lib;C:\Ice
 > -3.3.1\bin
 > Ice/Ice.h not found
...snip...

The config.log under OmeroCpp will tell you why this step didn't pass
(at the moment it's because ICE_HOME is improperly set). You can see
an example config.log file here:

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/omero-windows-dll/ws/trunk/components/tools/OmeroCpp/config.log

 > Any help is welcome,
 > Thanks,