[ome-devel] 4.1 release of Bio-Formats

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Oct 21 13:26:15 BST 2009

Hi all,

Today LOCI (http://loci.wisc.edu) and Glencoe Software
(http://glencoesoftware.com) have released version 4.1 of Bio-Formats
(http://loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html).  This release includes the
following changes:

* Fixed many bugs in most file format readers
* Significantly improved confocal and HCS metadata parsing
* Improved C++ bindings and examples
* Eliminated references to Java AWT classes in core Bio-Formats packages
* Added support for reading Flex datasets from multiple servers
* Improved OME-XML generation; generated OME-XML is now valid
* Added support for Olympus ScanR data
* Added OSGi information to JARs
* Added support for Amira Mesh files
* Added support for LI-FLIM files
* Added more informative exceptions
* Added support for various types of ICS lifetime data
* Added support for Nikon EZ-C1 TIFFs
* Added support for Maia Scientific MIAS data

You can download the latest release at:

http://loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats-download.html

We have not yet planned a release date for the next version of
Bio-Formats. However, you can view the roadmap for the next release
at:

https://skyking.microscopy.wisc.edu/trac/java/milestone/bio-formats-4.2

We would like to thank current users of Bio-Formats for their help and
guidance in producing this release - without your bug reports,
patches, and sample files, we wouldn't be where we are today.

If you have questions, comments or concerns regarding Bio-Formats, we
would love to hear them.  Bug reports and general usage questions should
be sent to the Bio-Formats developers at bioformats at loci.wisc.edu.
Licensing and commercial usage questions should be sent to
bioformats at glencoesoftware.com.

Regards,

Melissa Linkert
Glencoe Software, Inc.