[ome-devel] Problem using boost for omero server tests

Ingvar Lagerstedt Ingvar at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 19 13:50:38 BST 2009

Hi Josh,

I updated to rev 5527 and repeated the sequence:
./build_py clean
./build_py build-all
./build_py test-unit

and this time the tests run.  I did not see any issues in build log, that
all looks good now.

Several tests fail.  Some due to the fact that I have not figured out how
to open port 4063 on my Mac OS X 10.5.8.  The way how port opening works
changed for 10.5, so that you no longer open a dedicated port, instead you
are supposed to allow applications.  I have yet to find any instructions
on how to do this.

I thought that having
/etc/services list port 4063 as an Ice Firewall Traversal Router
together with that the local firewall on the machine is set to allow all
incoming connections
would be enough.

The error message I get related to port 4063 is (the whole log for the
unit tests is attached):
python-test:
running test
running egg_info
writing target/omero_client.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to target/omero_client.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to target/omero_client.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing manifest file 'target/omero_client.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext
DEBUG:omero.util.TempFileManager:Using temp dir:
/Users/ingvar/omero/tmp/omero_ingvar/3341
testDefinition (test.scripts.harness.TestScriptsViaOmeroCli) ... Traceback
(most recent call last):
  File "test/scripts/definition.py", line 19, in <module>
    sc.String("myoptional",optional=True)
  File
"/Users/ingvar/Software/omero/omero/components/tools/OmeroPy/target/omero/scripts.py",
line 120, in client
    kwargs["client"] = omero.client()
  File
"/Users/ingvar/Software/omero/omero/components/tools/OmeroPy/target/omero/__init__.py",
line 22, in client
    return omero.clients.BaseClient(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/Users/ingvar/Software/omero/omero/components/tools/OmeroPy/target/omero/clients.py",
line 132, in __init__
    self._initData(id)
  File
"/Users/ingvar/Software/omero/omero/components/tools/OmeroPy/target/omero/clients.py",
line 222, in _initData
    self.__ic = Ice.initialize(id)
  File "/opt/Ice-3.3.1/python/Ice.py", line 340, in initialize
    communicator = IcePy.Communicator(args, data)
Ice.EndpointParseException: exception ::Ice::EndpointParseException
{
    str = tcp  -p 4063 -h <"omero.host" not set>
}
Execution failed.
ok

Kind Regards,

--
Ingvar Lagerstedt, PDBe, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
Ingvar at ebi.ac.uk