[ome-devel] Customising OMERO client software

Woodbridge, Mark R m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 11 13:27:33 BST 2008

Hi,

Many thanks for the responses regarding rebuilding the importer. I had a
couple of problems with the Ant build (java omero build dist withtools):

- The dist/bin directory was missing because changeset 2470 is commented
out (fixed by mkdir dist/bin)
- Modifying the readers.txt files in the source tree didn't work - I had
to unpack, modify and repack
lib/repository/bio-formats-r3935-patched.jar
- I had to modify components/tools/python.xml and
components/tools/make.xml, setting ICE_HOME to /usr/share rather than
/user/share/Ice (Ubuntu 8.04)

In order to add support for SPCImage to the importer I need to modify
the bio-formats library... Presumably I can make changes to
components/bioformats-omero, and somehow rebuild
bio-formats-r3935-patched.jar?

Thanks again for your help,

Mark.