[ome-devel] Customising OMERO client software

Brian Loranger brian.loranger at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 14:41:51 BST 2008

>>  - There appears to six copies of the Bio-Formats configuration file
>> (readers.txt) in the OMERO source tree. I'm assuming that I need to
>> modify this file in order to enable .sdt import, but which copy
>> should I
>> modify? This is further complicated by the fact that I need to
>> configure
>> the resultant SDTReader to flatten the lifetime planes, for which
>> there
>> doesn't seem to be any hooks in OMERO.
>
> We're in the process of restructuring the importer code. Several of
> those readers.txt will disappear before release. But I'll let Brian
> answer which one(s) will remain.

Hi Mark,

As Josh mentioned, we are in the middle of a new release (due out
later this week), which amongst other things, will include a
restructuring of the OMERO.importer svn code. Primarily this is to
make the code much easier to use and more modular (splitting out the
"workhorse" import code from the bio-formats package and GUI code).
If you can wait, this new version should simplify things for you.

If you would rather dive in now, the reader.txt files you need to
concern yourself with are the two located in loci.format and
format.importer. These are essentially duplicates of each other, so
editing one and copy it over should work.

Happy coding,

Brian