[ome-users] LDAP Config for PosixGroups

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Jan 31 10:59:16 GMT 2019

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:18 AM Andreas Mueller
<Andreas.Mueller at biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:

>   Hi Ola,
>
>   me again:
>
>   IMHO the correct value is:
>
>     omero.ldap.user_filter=cn=cellnanosomero

I think you mean for this to be a group_filter, no?  This would only
load users who have the cn "cellnanosomero".

>     omero.ldap.user_mapping_omeName=memberUid,firstname=givenName,lastName=sn,email=mail

This is user_mapping=omeName=..., right? (You show that above).

>   that will bring (*) me to the query:
>
>   ldapsearch -x -LLL  "(&(cn=cellnanosomero)(memberUid=andrmuel))"
>
>   # RESULT:  (for all 'user' in that group with memberUid='user')
>
>     dn: cn=cellnanosomero,ou=groups,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
>     objectClass: top
>     objectClass: posixGroup
>     cn: cellnanosomero
>     gidNumber: 688
>

>   'andrmuel' is my login name
>

>   IMHO omero has to create the correct query string for the
>   authentication:
>
>     uid=andrmuel,ou=people,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de         (**)
>
>   and the authentication is nessesary to get the values for the
>   attributes:
>
>     givenName,sn,mail,..
>
>   And I don't know how I can tell omero how it has to build that (**)
>   string

If the change from user_filter to group_filter doesn't help, can you
send me separately your full LDAP configuration (bin/omero config get
| grep ldap) as well as the full LDAP entry for
uid=andrmuel,ou=people,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de. Thanks.

>   // (*) https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.4.10/sysadmins/server-ldap.html#user-lookup
>   Andreas

Gruß,
~Josh