[ome-users] Omero Cluster Setup

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Apr 1 12:40:49 BST 2019

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 5:53 AM qingwei wei <tchengwee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Josh,

Hi Cw,

> What i want to achieve is HA for Omero Server, scalability is good to have but i can do away with that. I currently already configure Patroni for Postgres and i would like to have Omero Server to be HA also.

OMERO does not yet support multi-master. We're in the process of
separating out various pieces of functionality into microservices to
enable it, but the common session service is not yet implemented.
(Likely to be redis in our case).

You can use read-only instances however as one or more slaves that can
continue processing non-write activities while you, for example,
restart your master node. This is the ansible configuration for the
read-only copies running behind the Image Data Resource (IDR):

https://github.com/IDR/deployment/blob/fbc2d2d362f34ea8bbf8691b0f1290e91d14a995/ansible/idr-omero-readonly.yml#L82

> Regards,
> Cw

Hope that helps,