[ome-users] thumbnails not visible for group members

MEYENHOFER Felix felix.meyenhofer at unifr.ch
Mon Oct 15 09:08:09 BST 2018

Hi Mike

thanks for leading the way for further investigation. I ran a couple of queries on several images. The output typically looks like the following:
 # | Col1                      | Col2
---+---------------------------+---------------------
 0 | user 1                    | Third.Science_group
 1 | felix.meyenhofer at unifr.ch | Third.Science_group
 2 | user 2                    | Third.Science_group

The first line is a user and the owner of the images and the group. I logged in as 'user 1' and the thumbnails are not rendered.
for me it works, but I am an admin.
for 'user 2', owner of the group, it did not work as user, only as admin.

When trying to delete thumbnails, I get:
omero delete Dataset/Thumbnail:4205
omero.cmd.Delete2 Dataset/Thumbnail:4205 failed: 'graph-fail'
failed: cannot read ome.model.containers.Dataset[4205]

We are currently running 5.4.3-ice36-b77
I will schedule an update to 5.4.9 this week.

Cheers,

Felix