[ome-users] Release of OMERO.iviewer 0.5.0

Jean-Marie Burel (Staff) j.burel at dundee.ac.uk
Tue May 22 14:29:08 BST 2018

Dear All,

Today we are releasing version 0.5.0 of OMERO.iviewer: an OMERO.web app
for visualizing images in OMERO. This is a major step towards moving to a full
production-ready version that we aim to release before the end of 2018.

This version requires OMERO 5.4.0 or newer.
This version includes:

- disabled projection for image where sizeX * sizeY > 4000000
- added option to display pixels intensity when mousing over image
- enabled viewing of multiple images in the same browser window by
  double-clicking
- added support for opening the image in other installed applications e.g.
  OMERO.figure
- added option to export ROIs statistics in CSV file or Excel file
- improved ROIs creation, manipulation and persistence
- improved copy/paste of ROIs across images
- added new icon for polyline
- improved handling of statistical values
- handled images with large number of channels
- added menus in header
- improved loading and display of bird's eye view
- improved loading of tiles
- correctly handled data access depending on permissions level
- improved UI
- added minimal support for masks
- updated documentation
- reviewed build system to reduce the bundled size
- improved build system for development
- improved testing infrastructure
- upgraded Webpack to 3.6.0
- upgraded Openlayers to version 4.6.5
- upgraded JQuery to version 3.3.1

For installation instructions go to https://pypi.python.org/pypi/omero-iviewer/

For more information about OMERO.iviewer in general, and to watch an
introductory movie, go to https://www.openmicroscopy.org/omero/iviewer/

The OME Team