[ome-users] chunkmap bug with some nd2 files

Vrtis, Kyle B. Kyle_Vrtis at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 5 18:54:43 BST 2018

Hello,

First of all, Bio-Formats is fantastic. Thanks!

I am having a reproducible issue with importing nd2 files. With some nd2 files (not sure why it is not all of my files) the number of images reported is wrong. For example I have one, large nd2 file that has a time lapse of 61 time points (512x512 px) across 60 series (3.85 GB file), but it imports with only 34 time points per series. The issue has been narrowed down to the "chunkmap" feature. When "chunkmap" is disabled, everything is correct (but importing is very slow). I have included a screenshot below of the same file loaded with "chunkmap" (left) and without it (right).

[cid:99377386-fabe-4195-ab98-f1ccb7a1f444]

A second nd2 file recorded the same day with 70 series and 61 time points per FOV (4.5 GB file) does not have the issue. I would be happy to provide the files if it would help.

I am using the newest release of bio-formats and the issue is reproducible when I import with both Matlab and ImageJ. I am using a Mac OS 10.11.6. I believe the Java I am using is build 1.8.0_131-b11. Here is additional information:

width: 512 px

height: 512 px

number of channels: 2

Z slices: 1

timepoints: 61

Please let me know if there is any additional information you need.

Thanks,

Kyle