[ome-users] Release of OMERO 5.4.2

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Jan 26 11:21:22 GMT 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Helen Flynn (Staff)
<h.flynn at dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of OMERO 5.4.2, a bug-fix release...

... but less pleased that we must warn you: while upgrading our
production servers to 5.4.2, we have identified a problem afflicting
OMERO.web. Long-running Python processes, like OMERO.web’s gunicorn
workers, can leak file handles. After a period of usage, OMERO.web may
become unresponsive and need to be restarted. We have now identified
the issue and are testing a fix [1].

In the meantime, we recommend that you *do not upgrade to 5.4.2* if
you are using OMERO.web: we will release 5.4.3 early next week.

We unfortunately did not discover the issue during our testing since
the instability only arises after extended uptime. We will review our
testing process accordingly to avoid such problems in the future.

Thanks for your understanding and please accept our apologies.

The OME team

[1] https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/commit/fe9eda48f96928801dff15a13d37853a188f7288