[ome-users] Error while converting Leica .scn files to tiff format

David Gault (Staff) d.gault at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 15:46:26 GMT 2018

Hi Hitesha,

When converting from Leica SCN to TIFF you are probably going to see a large jump in file size. From your output you seem to being using LZW compression which should help reduce the output size somewhat but it will still be larger than the original.
I suspect the errors when attempting to read the files may be due to memory constraints but we would need to test the file to confirm. If you are able to upload the original scene file to https://www.openmicroscopy.org/qa2/qa/upload/ then we can check and confirm if the generated tiff is indeed valid or if there has been an issue during conversion.

With Thanks,
David Gault