[ome-users] Question on "omero admin removepyramids"

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 10:02:26 BST 2018

Dear Sascha,

> after upgrading to 5.4.5 i tried bin/omero admin removepyramids --endian=little --dry-run
> It has found ten pyramids to remove on my test server, and without --dry-run they have successfully been removed. But i have the same 10 images imported before using OMERO version 5.4.0 - those have not been touched - and then again with 5.4.5 - those are the 10 that have had their pyramids removed. Does the command have some implicit date or version restriction or filter, or am i just missing something? All are 4096 x 4096 and uint16.

That's interesting, it's not obvious to me what you're missing, there
isn't a default date filter. Can you reconstruct from file times and the
dbpatch database table or suchlike under which version of OMERO the
images were originally imported? Pre-5.4 would need its pyramids so
those would be safe.

Pyramids appear in the binary repository's Pixels/ directory as
12345_pyramid where the the 12345 corresponds to the ID of the Pixels
object which may be different from the Image ID, e.g.,

bin/omero hql --all 'SELECT id FROM Pixels WHERE image.id = 4567'

to find the Pixels ID of Image 4567. Does looking for pyramids in that
server directory yield any clues?

-- Mark