[ome-users] Bug in Bio-Formats/Fiji

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 18 20:24:36 BST 2017

Hi Both

I don’t know if this is relevant  but I note that the file contains the string "SPC FCS Data File”in the header.
Looking at line 92 of https://pimprenelle.lps.ens.fr/xvindoc/SPC__data__file__structure_8h_source.html
this may indicate that the file contains what B&H call FIFO data.

Here there is no image in the file but simply a list of “events” each of which has 2 time tags.
The first tag being a real-time tag and the second being time relative to an  excitation pulse signal taken from a laser..
These events are predominantly the arrival of a detected photon but may also be pixel, line or frame clocks.

 From the clock events and real-time tags it is then possible to generate standard “image” by assigning (binning)each photon to a pixel.

This might explain why the file is smaller than you might expect as this format is much more compact for small numbers of photons.

Best Wishes

Ian