[ome-users] Leica LOF data format

Bryan Crawford bryanc at unb.ca
Thu Oct 5 14:14:23 BST 2017

Greetings,

I would like to add my voice to those of the many Leica SP8 users I’m sure you’ve heard from who are desperately hoping BioFormats will soon support the Leica .LOF data format.  We use Fiji every day.  We have just upgraded from an antique SP2 to a lovely new SP8, only to discover that we can’t open the files generated using Fiji because BioFormats doesn’t support this format.  From my searching on line, it appears that BioFormats received a specification document for the .LOF format from Leica last year (https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.3.4/formats/leica-lif.html), but has not yet managed to include this format in the library.

My impression is that there are a significant number of SP8 systems installed world wide, so I would hope this is a high priority.  Can anyone provide more information about this?

Thank you.

P.S.  Please reply directly to bryanc at unb.ca<mailto:bryanc at unb.ca>, as I’m not a regular subscriber to this list

--
Dr. B.D.Crawford