[ome-users] Can't read Andor Dragonfly/Fusion *.ims with Bioformats

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Nov 29 15:37:47 GMT 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Kai Schleicher
<kai.schleicher at unibas.ch> wrote:
> Hi Roger,

Hi Kai,

> thanks for the quick response! And already with the fix :)
>
> Since we don't own a Dragonfly at the moment we don't need an immediate
> resolve, but it might become relevant in the near future. If so, we'd also
> be very keen on OMERO supporting it. Can we use your suggestion to make our
> own instance of OMERO read these images as well?

considering we haven't done the same on our side, I'd suggest you
_not_ do so ( even if we can't really stop you :)  )

The biggest risk is that we have to make further changes on top of
Roger's PR such that the files would then no longer be readable. If
that's an acceptable risk and you want to give it a go, don't hesitate
to let us know how the testing goes. Otherwise, we'll keep you posted
when we've done the same.

~Josh.