[ome-users] Having a user that (initially) cannot upload data possible? + omero admin sessionlist not working anymore

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Nov 15 15:27:48 GMT 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Sascha Neinert
<sascha.neinert at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> Dear all,

Hi Sascha,

> we were wondering if it is possible to create a configuration where specific users can only view some data, but not perform any upload. ...

Unfortunately, at the moment, it's not possible to have multiple users
who are not permitted to upload:

  https://trello.com/c/XGQH3LEN/299-rfe-non-writeable-users

You _can_ have a single global user in OMERO.web that can only view
data. See https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.4.0/sysadmins/public.html
for more information.

If that doesn't work for your situation, perhaps you could explain
more about what else the non-upload users should be able to do?

> Some issue i also noticed is that „omero admin sessionlist“ does not work anymore since the 5.4 update, it stops with an exception. But the other admin commands such as omero admin diagnostices work fine.

Thanks for letting us know; I've noted the issue:

  https://trello.com/c/vcM2a41a/298-bug-bin-omero-admin-sessionlist

Could you try the newer:

  bin/omero sessions who

and let us know if that works for you?