[ome-users] dm4 format

Dr Gregory Jefferis jefferis at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 14:26:13 BST 2017

A brief comment on this thread seems in order since I am the original
author of both the DM3_Reader plugin and HandleExtraFileTypes!

On 29 Mar 2017, at 17:43, Morgan, David Gene wrote:

> With regard to the DM3_Reader, are you referring to this plugin
> available from
>
> the ImageJ website [1]? If so, this plugin is managed completely
> separately from
>
> Bio-Formats and we do not know if it is actively maintained.

The canonical source for the standalone DM3 reader distributed with Fiji
is here:

https://github.com/fiji/IO/blob/master/src/main/java/sc/fiji/io/DM3_Reader.java

I have not received any bug reports for a while, so it has not been
updated since 22 Feb 2013. I believe this plugin may have slightly
different support for a few unusual DM3 image types (e.g. EELS spectra?)
compared with the bioformats reader. As mentioned earlier it does not
support the DM4 format – and it is rather unlikely that I will spend
time to support this given the existence of bioformats.

Best wishes,

Greg.

--
Gregory Jefferis, PhD                   Tel: +44 1223 267048
Division of Neurobiology

http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/group-leaders/h-to-m/g-jefferis
http://jefferislab.org
http://www.zoo.cam.ac.uk/departments/connectomics