[ome-users] OMERO.figure >> buttons and sliders in Preview window missing

Kenneth Gillen (Staff) k.h.gillen at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jul 24 11:14:53 BST 2017

Hi Martin,

>Leica_16bit_bad_pyramid.lif
Is this a file you’d expect OMERO to import, and properly render? The
filename, `bad_pyramid` suggests you know of issues. I.e. is this
something you`d like to the Bio-Formats team to look at?  (a separate
issue to the OMERO.figure issue perhaps?)

For me, this image loads in an OMERO 5.3.3 with Figure 3.1.1 server,
though (perhaps suggested by the filename), looks odd: yellowish
background, random spots. However, I can add labels, rotate, zoom and edit
the channels, which implies your Figure issue is not related to the image,
but to the setup of Figure.

>Leica_8bit_good_pyramid.lif
And this second image, when loading into the same server, I see error:
`Image Leica_8bit_good_pyramid.lif is too big for OMERO.figure`. Is it
happily loaded by your own OMERO.figure?

The next thing I can think of is that some OMERO.web requirements are not
satisfied.

If you could confirm which versions of the OMERO.web requirements
OMERO.web is configured to use, we can rule that out:

e.g. your equivalent of: ~omero/omerowebvenv/bin/pip freeze

Which will determine if you need to re-install/upgrade the OMERO.web
requirements, outlined in the install docs ubuntu walkthrough [1].

If re-installing the web requirements doesn’t yield and instant result, if
you could also send us your OMERO configuration via omero config get
--hide-password, and your server’s Blitz-0.log, and master.err

[1]
https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.3.3/sysadmins/unix/install-web/walk
through/omeroweb-install-ubuntu-ice3.6.html or

All the best,

Kenny

--

Kenneth Gillen

OME System Administrator

Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
School of Life Sciences
CTIR 2
University of Dundee
Dow Street
Dundee  DD1 5EH
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1382 388797

http://www.twitter.com/openmicroscopy

----

Dear Kenny,

I've uploaded the logs:

nginx_access.log
nginx_error.log

OMEROweb_inspect_figure_missing_buttons.log

I also tried reinstalling, but that didn't change anything.

Best,

Martin

On 19/07/2017 17:08, "ome-users on behalf of Kenneth Gillen (Staff)"
<ome-users-bounces at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk on behalf of