[ome-users] omero.ldap.urls one or multiple values possible?

Kenneth Gillen (Staff) k.h.gillen at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 18:01:31 BST 2017

Hi Sascha,

Our ldap experts are not around at the moment, so I took a quick peek at
the code [1].

It doesn¹t look to me like that property will accept >1 value, but I could
be wrong, as I am no expert. Perhaps others can chime in.

My reasoning:

It looks to me like OMERO uses the version of the constructor with only
one parameter which means just a single server. There¹s another
constructor mentioned in the spring docs as follows which will accept >1
parameter which will accept >1 server address for redundancy.

OME docs only show an example of a single URL too [3].

[1] OMERO source: https://git.io/v7Tk1

[2] spring docs referencing the 2x ways to create the connection:
http://bit.ly/2uhU2kk
[3]
https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.3.3/sysadmins/config.html#omero-lda
p-urls

All the best,

Kenny

--

Kenneth Gillen

OME System Administrator

Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
School of Life Sciences
CTIR 2
University of Dundee
Dow Street
Dundee  DD1 5EH
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1382 388797

http://www.twitter.com/openmicroscopy

On 20/07/2017 14:26, "ome-users on behalf of Sascha Neinert"
<ome-users-bounces at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk on behalf of