[ome-users] Bug-report Leica timestamps

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jul 19 12:43:22 BST 2017

Hi Marjolein,

thanks for uploading the file and some minimal code. Unfortunately, I was
not able to reproduce either with MATLAB or Fiji and Bio-Formats 5.5.3, e.g.

>> [~,v]=bfCheckJavaPath

v =

5.5.3

>> Reader = bfGetReader('BugReport_MM.lif');
Reader.setSeries(0);
omeMeta = Reader.getMetadataStore();
deltaT = omeMeta.getPlaneDeltaT(0,0)

deltaT =

ome.units.quantity.Time: value[0.0], unit[s] stored as java.lang.Double

>> deltaT2 = omeMeta.getPlaneDeltaT(0,1)

deltaT2 =

ome.units.quantity.Time: value[16.53299903869629], unit[s] stored as java.lang.Double

Support for recent LIF timestamps has been added in Bio-Format 5.3.3 [1]. Can you confirm
the version and the revision of Bio-Formats used (as given by
loci.formats.FormatTools.VCS_REVISION in MATLAB or the About Plugins > Bio-Formats Plugins…
menu in Fiji)?

Best,
Sebastien

[1] https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/2728