[ome-users] active directory user identificaion

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Jul 4 13:08:00 BST 2017

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 12:53 PM, MEYENHOFER Felix
<felix.meyenhofer at unifr.ch> wrote:
> Hi

Hi Felix,

> is there a way to allow multiple user identifiers for the login when using an LDAP system with OMERO?

In short, no, not currently.

> In this case we have three possibilities to identify users:
> 1) short login: hansm
> 2) email: hans.muster at unifr.ch
> 3) full name: MUSTER Hans
>
> so I currently use the mail attribute as user identifier in the omero.ldap settings (omero.ldap.user_mapping=omeName=mail, ...)
>
> how could I allow for all three variants of logins?

In the past a hand-full of sites have had success by configuring their
own PasswordProvider[1] allowing them to inject their own logic into
user login. One example is Pasteur's SynchronizingPasswordProviders[2]

That being said, it certainly sounds like something that it would be
worth contributing back to the mainline if you or anyone else has
success.

> Best regards,
> Felix

All the best,