[ome-users] OMERO import - txt format

microscopy at olafselchow.de microscopy at olafselchow.de
Wed Dec 6 13:06:57 GMT 2017

Dear list,

Sorry .. previous post was strangely html-formatted ... this one should be readable:

I am struggeling a bit with understanding the various ways of OMERO import. Maybe someone can clarify:

We want to implement a workflow for importing image data (mostly from Nikon instruments) into OMERO (5.x) using the in-place import functionality. Copy/Transfer of the data is no option due to the sheer amount of data.
The storage volume where the data sits is a network drive mounted to the OMERO.server (> 100 TB, likely to be extended soon).

Now: is there any existing solution that allows batch import and/or GUI-based import with „in-place“ import? Command-line operation is not acceptable by the user.
Does Smuggler do „in-place“ import too? (couldn’t find any comment on this on the smuggler description page)
Anyone out there who has built something on Atom (https://www.medfloss.org/node/695[https://deref-web-02.de/mail/client/e4_FB63n2yQ/dereferrer/?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.medfloss.org%2Fnode%2F695]) to make it work with OMERO 5.x and extend to „in-place“?

As a starting point, I would like to get an overview on what is already available. (—> Is https://www.openmicroscopy.org/omero/import/[https://deref-web-02.de/mail/client/GduavfPOucg/dereferrer/?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.openmicroscopy.org%2Fomero%2Fimport%2F] a comprehensive list?)

Thanks a lot!
Olaf

———
Olaf Selchow