[ome-users] Two issues with ND2 (Nikon) files

Maxime Woringer maxime.woringer at berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 14 04:01:26 BST 2017

Dear Bio-Formats users/developers,

I am trying to convert ND2 files (acquired with NIkon NIS elements) to
TIFF files, ideally in an automated fashion, but I am encountering
issues that seem to me like bugs (but I'd be happy to be proven wrong).

1. Some single images appear corrupted when I try to convert them to
TIFF. Below is an example. The two files (BF007 and BF008) were created
on the same machine, same software, at a 30' interval. I am not aware of
any differing setting except the ROI size.
- BF008.nd2 opens properly in Fiji and converts properly using bfconvert
(laters version). I am attaching the .nd2 file, the resulting TIFF file,
and the convert log (.txt files) and a screenshot of how Fiji opens it.
- BF008.nd2 opens corrupted in Fiji, and the same result happens using
bfconvert. It seems that BF thinks it is a 3-channel image (it is not).