[ome-users] concurrent OMERO Java API login for multiple users?

BioDataAnalysis // Mario Emmenlauer memmenlauer at biodataanalysis.de
Sun Aug 13 14:13:35 BST 2017

Dear OME,

I'd like to build a Java application that has multiple concurrent
connections to OMERO with different user accounts. The same Java
application would login to OMERO more than once (via the Java API)
with different user credentials. This is required because my
application "acts" on behalf of different users to execute their
image analysis tasks.

Are there statics in the API that forbid multiple concurrent logins?
How thread-safe is the API? And how resource-hungry is a new login?
I'd expect login to be rather slow because I assume it will initialize
a number of resources. Am I mistaken?

Thanks and all the best,

    Mario Emmenlauer

--
BioDataAnalysis GmbH, Mario Emmenlauer     Tel. Office: +49-89-74677203
Balanstr. 43                   mailto: memmenlauer * biodataanalysis.de