[ome-users] HP Optical Disk Drive

Oliver Brookes o.brookes at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Apr 12 17:50:24 BST 2017

Hi Dave,

I have used this software in the past:

<http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec>http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

It is (or at least was) free to use, and it worked for me, recovering data from a damaged disk. There is also a related software that comes with it, PhotoRec, which recovers many file types based on the structure of the files. I once used this to recover a colleagues microscope photos, but it failed to retrieve the filenames so was of limited use...

Good luck!

Oliver
<http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec>